United Kingdoms of Africa One Passport Initiative
“An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideals of Pan-Africanism and the vision of Africa’s Renaissance” envisions “An Africa with a strong cultural identity, common heritage, shared values and ethics”
To achieve these aspirations of African’s seeing themselves as one people united under the ideals of pan-Africanism, the physical and invisible barriers that have prevented the integration of Africa’s people need to be removed.
The United Kingdoms of Africa Passport aims to remove restrictions on Africans ability to travel, work and live within their own continent.
The initiative aims at transforming Africa’s laws, which remain generally restrictive on movement of people despite political commitments to bring down borders with the view to promoting the issuance of visas by Member States to enhance free movement of all African citizens in all African countries.
The Free movement of persons in Africa is expected to deliver several key benefits including:
• Boosting intra-Africa trade, commerce and tourism;
• Facilitating labour mobility, intra-Africa knowledge and skills transfer
• Promoting pan-African identity, social integration and tourism;
• Improving trans-border infrastructure and shared development.
• Fostering a comprehensive approach to border management;
• Promoting rule of law, human rights, and public health